Friday, November 1, 2013

Here Goes Progesterone!

Dear Baby Lipsey,

Its your mom here. It's Georgia/Florida weekend, which will one day be a big deal for you, but this GA/FL weekend is a big deal around here for another reason entirely. Today we finally, officially begin taking steps to bring you into the world. Today your crazy mama (it's best you know I'm crazy from the beginning, you'll still have to listen to me & do what I say anyway) starts taking progesterone! I'll spare you the details on what this will do to my body (I'm going to avoid discussing the birds and the bees with you until the last possible second), but these are the pills I get to take right before I start taking the magic pills that will help me bring you into the world! I am so excited I almost couldn't wait until today to start taking them!

This week I've been really buckling down on things I can do to get you here. I'm taking some delicious gummy vitamins, and because I've realized how good they taste I promise to always buy you gummies and not the disgusting, chalky Flintstones vitamins that your strange Aunt Tab always ate when we were kids. Those things are awful and I'll spare you that injustice if I'm able. I've also been charting my temperature and other things that will help me track my cycles and help me to know when you'll be on your way. Again, I'll spare you the details until you're significantly older and won't be completely freaked out by them.

We are praying so hard for you still, just like we have been all along. I started praying for you when I married your daddy. He laughed when I admitted it for the first time, we were still trying NOT to have you yet at that point, but I have always been praying for you. For your health and for you to grow up as a child of God, knowing how much He loves you. My prayers haven't changed much aside from adding in some begging for you to come along and asking for grace and peace as we wait for you. I pray for your daddy too, because waiting for you is a huge struggle for me and I know he hates watching me cry for you. He's impatient when it comes to waiting for you too, but he's much more laid back and calm than I am. I really, really hope you get his personality...& his looks, he's quite the good looking fellow after all.

Even more than your one-day parents, you have so many people praying for you! You're already a facebook legend I think, and I hope you don't find that (or this blog) too lame when you're old enough to read them. You are loved by so many people who simply cannot wait to meet you.

So here's to you, Baby Lipsey, as I force this huge progesterone pill down my throat and pray that all of this works this time. I know you are worth the wait.

Love,
Your Mama

This letter was proofread & ok'd by your old man (you'll probably call him Daddy) & your Aunt Tab who is excellent at crying & praying with us!

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment