Thursday, January 16, 2014

Only Hate the Road When You're Missing Home

...& I've really been hating the road here lately, for the past 2 years or so. Plus I just love that Let Her Go song & wanted to use the lyrics in the title.

9 years ago in August I left my home with my best friend Keisha & my mom crying in the driveway and followed my dad to a brand new life in Athens. I was scared to death and didn't even know how to get to Athens on my own, but I was so excited and even more sure I would never, ever be back.

I spent four amazing years at the flagship university of this great state (GO DAWGS!), wasting time & money on a degree I wouldn't use, and meeting some of my best friends and the love of my life. After that I spent a year in Douglas teaching, then married the most wonderful man I've ever known which was followed by a move to Thomasville where we've been for 3 1/2 years now. I have loved Thomasville and my family that lives here, but the time has come for a change.

I am terribly excited to finally get to announce that WE ARE MOVING HOME!! I've known for approximately 8 months now, but because of employers and what not we've been keeping it a secret. Do you know how hard that is for an over-sharer like myself!?

To answer a few questions, no we don't have jobs and no we don't know where we are living. We aren't even sure what city we're headed to, just somewhere in the northwest Georgia Chatsworth/Dalton area. I have very few details, but I couldn't hold it in any longer and Tyler said I could tell! Please pray for us and with us as we try to nail down the finer points of our relocation, especially our future employment situations. If you know of anybody in the northwest GA/TN area looking for a fabulous nurse and super hot band director let us know!

We're comin' for ya, Chatsworth!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment