Friday, October 28, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

So I've followed the blog The Little Things We Do for awhile now and she always does a fill in the blank Friday post...so here's mine.

1.   When I was a kid I wanted to be      a nurse    when I grew up.

2.   As an adult, my dream job would be   a nurse (who knows what specialty) and a mama   .

3.  W hen I was younger I wanted to be just like  my mom mostly, with Mary Kate & Ashley ranking right up there with her for a time .

4. The childhood Halloween costume that I remember most was when I was  a smiley face. Mom covered 2 hula hoops with yellow fabric and put a smiley face on one of them, then connected them with ribbons on the top and sides...I thought I was SO cool, mainly because Mom made it. The unfortunate thing is that you can't sit down as a smiley face so I had to take it off everytime I got back in the car to go trick or treat at the next house .

5.  My favorite childhood toy was   Arnold the African American Gerber baby. He's still my favorite toy and he terrifies all who meet him...mainly because he's missing a finger and his eyes turn two different directions.

6.  The time I got into the biggest amount of trouble when I was a kid was when I   I'm not sure, but I'm sure some of my blog friends could help me out. Most of the time I got in trouble for my smart mouth, but I never did anything too awful because I was scared of being in trouble. Except for once, when I was 15...haha. Mom and April will know what I'm referring to:)

7.  I get daily inspiration from    oh please like I have time to be inspired daily...nursing textbooks? Half the time I dress like a man and I haven't shaved my legs in like 3 wks. But I do sometimes get inspiration on Saturdays from pinterest and bloggers. I'm also inspired by my tiny dancers every Wednesday.
Just as a side note, it was Halloween costume week at dance (AHHHHH!) and in my class I had a ballerina, a witch/spider bride, a witch, a vampire, and a Mexican. Complete with sombrero and and poncho and penciled-on moustache...completely unable to dance in all that gear. A lot of the kids forgot so they weren't dressed up. I was (big shock) a nurse...can't argue with a ready-made costume. My kids thought I was a "real doctor" and when I told them I was going to be a "real nurse" they were disappointed. One shouted, "DONT BE A NURSE BE A DOCTOR! DOCTORS ARE BETTER THAN NURSES!" Her mom's a nurse. I spent a significant portion of time trying to explain how awesome nurses are, but they didn't buy it. Oh well.  

Anyway, that's all I've got! Can't get blogger to take the underline off of the above paragraph (really irritating my OCD self, but I'll live).

Ooooh I almost forgot! Clinical orientation on Monday!! I'm sooooo excited to finally get to be a legit student nurse (how long have I waited for this day?!?!?) and help real live patients! We won't actually start on Monday, but at least I'll know where I'm going and who I'll be working with. SO EXCITED! I'll try to post a picture of myself looking awesome in my all-white scrubs and sweet white shoes:) 

XOXO, 
Hannah 

1 comment:

  1. Mary Kate and Ashley were on the top of my last as well. Who didn't pretend to be a part of the Olsen and Olsen Mystery Agency: We'll solve any crime by dinner time. :)

    ReplyDelete