Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Days Away

Hello blog friends!

I'm having a sort-of drought in my blog brain and feel like I have very little to write. It may or may not be due to having SO MUCH to do right here at the end of the quarter...it'll get finished though. All of the nonsense and writing papers/making powerpoints that I was capable of making in 4th grade. That could be a stretch but making a biographical powerpoint on Mark Twain is slightly offensive to a college sophomore for the second time. I can easily say that I've learned absoutely nothing this quarter and I'm incredibly glad its almost over.

I'm still praying about my decision for a future career and more specifically nursing school, but I'm about 95% sure I'm going to do it. It has the potential to combine all of my favorite things and is truly the only thing I've ever dreamt of doing. In fact, my senior year of high school I was always angry when somebody else was going to nursing school. Why? Because I was sure they didn't want it as bad as I did. It's a good thing I'm not so immature and ridiculous anymore, but I'm trying to go back to being that ambitious and so sure of that dream. A scholarship would surely help!Your prayers help also, so please keep them coming! And a big thank you for all of the comments on my "dream job" blog. You are all so encouraging and I truly appreciate your input. I'm thankful for you all.

Another thing that's been weighing on my mind is the fact that we are mere days (4 to be precise) from our first anniversary! WOW! Where has the time gone? I cannot believe a year ago today I was so stressed about our wedding and the tiny details that no one really noticed. More than that, I can't believe how much we've been through and accomplished since June 12, 2010. What a blessing my husband has been to me! I'll blog more on being married later, probably another list about things I've learned from my first year of marriage. I do love my husband. And I do love calling him my husband. He leaves me feeling like the luckiest girl in the world on a regular basis! Enough of that! Saving it for a future blog!

I am happy to say that this June we get to do the wedding thing one more time. My sweet "baby" cousin Cody is getting his own ball & chain on the 25th. He's actually almost 23, but being the sass I was when we were kids I thought I was his mom, so he'll always be a baby to me. I even gave the kid spankings. Good parenting at age 2! Now baby Cody is at least two times my size, but I still run the show & he knows it! Looking forward to 2 weekends in Chatsvegas for that one--one bachelorette party (there WILL be cake at this one!) and one wedding weekend! Congrats again to Cody & his bride-to-be Christa Faye...I can't wait!

Well, for someone who doesn't have much to say I'm getting long-winded. Typical. Keep prayin' folks and I'll keep you updated on all things in Lipsey Land.

XOXO,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. haha I love this for so many reasons! :) My parents' 24th anniversary was yesterday and I was thinking of you and the ever lovely Tyler as well! We are so excited to see you (mainly me....possibly due to the spanking!) I think Cody thinks we will be able to squeeze in a game of Apples to Apples at some point during the wedding weekend...there is no telling with him!

    I can't wait to read the following blog all about marriage and being Mrs. Lipsey....it might help me out!

    As always, I love you!

    ReplyDelete