Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog Drought

These past few weeks I've been the unofficial worst blogger ever. I actually wrote a blog last week, but part of it could have been offensive to some, so I'm editing. It'll come later when I think of a way to say what I was feeling at the time without offending others...now you're curious aren't you?

Here lately I haven't had too much going on. Just ordinary work stuff during the day, and kickboxing at night. That's a stretch actually, I've only been to kickboxing twice. I'm working on it though because I'm magnificently out of shape and feeling down right old...bye bye awesome metabolism that is currently non-existent!

If you've never been to kickboxing before you should know there's nothing easy about it. Every single muscle in your body that you never knew you had will be sore the following day. Including your sphincter muscles as one of the hardest parts is keeping yourself from passing gas. Yes, I said that. My mom hates the word fart, but that's exactly the response that kickboxing elicits. There were times I had to squeeze everything I had to avoid letting one slip, which caused me to totally lose focus on the exercises we were actually doing. Perhaps that gets easier with time?

After dragging myself to the first class, I spent the first few minutes giving it all I had. We were running in place and, for the first time ever, my belly was moving. Side to side. Jiggly wiggly. MOVING GUT. Not cool. Hannah needs to workout constantly. I digress. So we're running and I'm keeping up and I'm thinking we should be about halfway through, so I was proud of my jiggly self. SIX MINUTES. That was it, all we had done. I had 54 grueling minutes of workout left.

Luckily I was still ok until we were about halfway through and the room promptly started to spin. Here's something you should know about me: I hate to be embarassed. And for me, quitting before all of the older people in the room (or anyone else in the room for that matter) was embarassing. So I kept going until I really thought I was about to hit the floor, when I less-than-gracefully bowed out for a water break. A longer than necessary water break, might I add. Kickboxing is brutal for the out of shape individual. BRUTAL.

I made it through though, and for the second class I was totally prepared for the overall brutality and managed to pace myself. I'm easily in the bottom half of my class, but I'm not the worst so I'll keep going. I'm pretty awful, but not so awful that I've shamed myself or my husband, so I guess I'll be happy enough with that. And I'll keep the updates coming...as long as I keep going to class and sweating profusely. I straight up stink afterwards, but that oddly makes me feel accomplished.

In other news, I've been having some strange intestinal/digestive issues which led me to the doctor last week. First: I'm seeing a new doctor, who is actually a PA. And I LOVE her. I may never go to anyone else again because she was spectacular. She also called me an "ideal patient" which made me feel good because I'm a child. But I'm also an ideal patient! Unfortunately she did not have any candy or stickers for me though.

At present, we don't know what's going on in the ole stomach, but we're pretty sure it is actually my stomach that's the problem. Perfect. And I got to take my first-ever stool sample which was really special. Tyler wouldn't allow me to take pictures to post here (I do have more sense than to do that anyway) and I will spare you most details other than to say it was an interesting experience and I will never view saran wrap in the same way ever again. Also, poop is kind of neat if you can forget that you're actually playing with your own. Perhaps I was just relieved for further proof that I can handle the icky side of nursing school? Probably. I took a shower immediately afterward if you're curious.

All blood tests and stool tests came back normal! I was glad to hear that even if my stomach still hurts. I'll keep you updated on my super fun digestive journey and spare you all most gruesome details!

I think I've said enough, but I promise to be a better blogger this week at least. Also, congrats to my cousin Cody and his new wife Mrs. Christa Penson! I'll post pictures from their wedding & her bachelorette party later as well.

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be as confident as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take kickboxing with you :( post baby, of course

    ReplyDelete