Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An Enhanced Quality of Life

Well, today I got a pedicure. And my nails painted. Which was supposed to be a manicure but the precious lady who did it missed the mark. Let me set the scene for you: I'm sitting in the sweet massage chair with my legs awkwardly hanging over the foot spa tub with freshly painted toe nails when she yanks my hands down in order to paint them simultaneously. Thank God I've danced my whole life and I'm flexible! Otherwise she might've either thrown my back out or pulled both of my hamstrings. So I'm dangling there all hunched over with my armpits cupping my knee caps (but seriously, that's how it went down) while she says something I can't understand and grins. Yay mani/pedi! She gave new meaning to the phrase "mani/pedi." Because those are supposed to be two separate pampering sessions and she definitely combined them.

In honor of my good day and new pink nails, I've created a brief list for you entitled "Reasons You Should Always Get a Manicure, Pedicure, or Mani/Pedi with Hannah":

Reasons You Should Always Get a Manicure, Pedicure, or Mani/Pedia with Hannah
1. I will always get the person in the room who is least fluent in English, so you wont have to worry about that intense language barrier.
2. Regardless of whether I can understand said person or not, I will never say no. Anything goes.
3. I will laugh hysterically while having my feet tickled or attacked by a cheese grater for feet.
4. The whole process makes me nervous + I have hyperhydrosis so I will sweat a lot and joke about it (this keeps me from crying about it)
5. I will always end up with some sort of surprise design on my toe and/or finger nails. Always. (See #2)
6. I will peer pressure you into getting a similar suprise design on your feet, which will never actually end up looking like my design surprise.
7. I won't judge you when you don't tip (ahem, Jami Lyn)

I thought I could make an even 10 but 7 is supposed to be a lucky number anyway! So, while sitting in the chair today my pedicurist (not sure that's a real word) says, "asdjfhasufh?" To which I respond, "Excuse me?" "asdjfhasufh?" I sideways glance at Jami Lyn and give a really bold, "ok." And I ended up with this...


SURPRISE DESIGN!!! White & silver glittery weeds!! Toe nails aren't so bad, but what's the deal with my weedy ring fingers?? *Awkward* Not the worst design surprise I've ever had though, I once found myself with an entire beach scene on my giant big toe nails, so I'd say weeds are pretty tame in comparison. Though the beach scene was rad as it had birds, a sun, water, and a palm tree....all on one nail. Pretty intense.

Regardless of the less-than-gorgeous-and-slightly-awkward nail designs, I had a great time. As Tyler would say, my girlfriends "greatly enhance the quality of my life." And I love them for that. Here's to more girls time (please!), more pampering ourselves, and always saying yes...or at least "ok!"

XOXO,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday I went to the nail place and this samething happened to me! I totally didn't get what I want and of course I did not say anything. Also I had to wait for them to get done with their own nails before they would starte on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed everywhere. If you haven't, look up bon qui qui-nail salon on youtube. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete