Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Hobbies...All at Once

Well, I'm tweeting. Or making a valiant effort, anyway. I still don't really know what's going on, but I'm moderately addicted. And following Justin Bieber. And mainly a bunch of publishers...wishful thinking? Yes. I also just love reading their top ten lists. Follow me? @hannahlipsey I find that it makes me feel a little stressed and I try to be funny on command which doesn't work, but maybe I'll get better at it. At least I can get on it at work which helps to pass the time...don't mention it though, or the barracuda filter will take it away! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

In other new things, I got a sewing machine for my birthday! So I'm sewing too! Currently just sewing straight lines because it's all I really know how to do, but I'm hoping to get some patterns, probably this weekend--yes! I understand that I sound 42 instead of 24. I'm fine with that.

I'm also making hairbows! So far I only know how to make one type, but I'm getting there. I also made terrible choices on the kind/color of ribbon to buy, so I've got to get more. Have I mentioned that we forgot to buy the actual clip/hair piece to attach the bows to? Yep. Turns out they don't hold as well if you don't attach them to anything.

Aside from selecting multiple new hobbies, I also got a sweet visit from my mom! Who bought me the sewing machine and taught me to make the bows. Didn't realize how much I missed her until she got here! To those of you who live away from home...does it ever get easier to say goodbye?? I'm fine when everybody's away and I get into a routine, but when I see them (especially my momma) I don't ever want them to leave! Of course I cried like a giant baby when she left, but we had an awesome visit. Lots of dancing, shopping, and mother/daughter bonding time. I wouldn't change a second of it! Love you Mom!


Mom & I before she left

I had my first recital as a choreographer this weekend too! I felt like a proud momma myself and loved every minute. My babies did so well! Even if they sometimes seemed to have no idea what was going on:) On the other hand, I crashed and burned in two teacher routines. Easily the worst performance of my life...I'll be glad if people aren't requesting that their kids not be in my classes next year!! Who kicked on the wrong leg in the kick line? This girl. Who didn't know the finale routine at all? This girl. Who snapped at a student post-performance because she asked how it went? This girl. (Sorry Kail) Perfect. I had a complete meltdown, which gave me perspective, and felt all better. Then I had some Taco Bell...which coincidentally also makes everything better. More to come on the meltdown later...probably.  
Dance Teachers: Miss Jami Lyn, Miss Charla, Mrs. Emily, Briley (in utero), and Mrs. Hannah

My beautiful ballerinas and sweet helper Miss Kristine

There are few things better than a baby kick line!

Well, I've rambled enough. Hoping to have more time to blog soon so I can stop doing this sporadic once a week nonsense. I'm also reading an awesome book about a woman's time in prison (Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman) and hopefully starting Quitter by Jon Acuff after...but I'm afraid I'll actually quit my job and follow my dreams after reading it. But what are my dreams? Maybe it could help me define those in the process? At present my dream is to figure out my ultimate dream. How overwhelming. Time to watch reruns of The Office, my new favorite show. I think its because my own office would make an equally hilarious (dysfunctional) show.

XOXO from Dunder Mifflin,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment