Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Related to Yesterday

Hello all! This blog will actually be super short. I promise. I know I say that often and then get started on a ramble like I am so close to doing now, but I just wanted to share a quote with you that is related to yesterday's Osama bin Laden madness.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Such  a powerful statement which rings so true in this situation, at least for me. MLK Jr. had quite a way with words...I wish we could've been friends. Feel free to disagree, but I'm with Dr. King on this one. LOVE until it hurts then love some more. Love when its the hardest thing you could possibly do. Love when you're in a  bad mood--maybe you'll get lucky and it'll draw you out of your mood. Being hateful is exhausting anyway. Practice what you preach! (That was me talking to me, because I'm not always the best lover, either).

XOXO and LOTS of LOVE,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment