Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our First Anniversary and New Car!

Hello all! Slacker blogger back again! This blog is mostly pictures, but hopefully I can make it interesting as well. We'll see.

Three weeks ago my husband and I celebrated our first anniversary! I  cannot believe it's already come and gone, but time flies when you're having fun! Not that it's all be fun, but living with the person you love most in the whole world certainly does make life much better than it has ever been before. I've always heard that the first year is the hardest, and if that's the case it's smooth sailin' from here on out. That's not to say we haven't driven each other crazy a little bit, I still wish he'd consistently close drawers and he still wishes I would use the bathroom with the door closed, but that's all part of learning to live with someone I suppose! All in all, it has been fantastic so far and I look forward to soooo many more anniversaries! I'm one blessed girl and I'm certainly aware of that fact.

So, for the big one-year we headed to Mexico Beach for a little weekend getaway. As usual, we got completely burnt on the beach the first day so we weren't able to go out the second day! Exhibit A:
Cute right? For some reason this picture won't center, so forgive me for the awful layout of this post. Here are a few more pictures from our weekend of love:

Sun whipped, but happy to be together for 364 days! (This was June 11th, the day before our Anniversary!)

I said "hold up your one year finger and smile!" This is how he feels about spending a solid year married to me...perfect! Especially my clueless idiot expression...I had no idea he was making that face.

And, keeping with tradition, we ate year old cake for breakfast the next morning.

Precious didn't want to, but being the good man he is he went along with my shenanigans anyway. His face says it all though...as usual.  
Freshly showered, I was slightly more eager. It wasn't delicious (obviously, it was a year old), but it wasn't terrible either. I ate more than one bite...Fatty Patty doesn't say no to dessert regardless of how old it is.

This is where things get interesting...on our way home (on our actual anniversary) Eddie the Explorer began to smoke from his hood. We pulled over at a gas station in Tallahassee and checked it out. It was quite romantic, obviously.  
Turns out Eddie shredded his serpentine belt.

So we spent the majority of our first anniversary in this lovely "Super Lube" lobby. After a small inspection by an angel named Keith (I swear he was an angel or just an awesome person, he stayed late on a Sunday to help us out and went above and beyond what his job required, simulateneously restoring my faith in humanity) we found out that the belt was shredded, the air conditioner needed to be replaced, and the power steering was jacked up. Basically, we found out that Eddie's necessary replacements/surgical procedures would cost far more than Eddie was worth...so we needed a new car.

And, after nearly 3 weeks of searching, Tyler decided he wanted this fabulous car! A 2011 Honda Fit Sport! Please note his extreme enthusiasm over taking a picture with his new ride. He's giving me a sarcastic thumbs up if you can't tell.

Here's a side view, mainly for the parents who haven't seen the Honda yet. So far we are absolutely in love with it and it gets EXCELLENT gas mileage. We also got a compliment from a sweet old man at Barnes and Noble today...and who doesn't love compliments?

All in all we had a great first anniversary! Eddie threw a wrench in our plans a bit, but I'm glad to have my sweet hubby in a safe, reliable car now!

Tyler my love, there's no one in the world I would rather have been sunburned and stranded on the side of the road with! Here's to infinitely more anniversaries and many more years of just us before cute baby Lipseys come along "messing everything up." I apologize in advance for the blog PDA, but I love you forever and truly thank God for you and the best year of my life thus far!

XOXO & Hopes for you to find your Prince Charming too,
Hannah 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new car! Kudos, Lipseys. Happy (late) Anniversary! In all fairness, I did text you on the day (good friend award). <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ya'll had a great anniversary! The first year is tough but you grow so much together too! We celebrate 4 year this Thursday and I have loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to ya both! Haha, a new car is a nice way to kick off the first anniversary, don't you think? Sounds like the perfect tool for a long road trip filled with adventure and romance. Road trip or not, I hope you enjoyed every second of your car and anniversary!

    ReplyDelete