Monday, April 18, 2011

Guilty Pleasure

Why am I posting twice in one night? I'm not sure. Except that I've finally found my guilty pleasure song on youtube and I want to share.

First off, I must say that I keep my radio station tuned to 88.1 WayFM...Christian radio. LOVE that station, the best Christian station I've ever listened to!! (I say that so you know how out of character this song is for me.) However, it got a little fuzzy on my way to Valdosta last week, so I turned it to some kind of Valdosta hit station. On that station this song played a few times while I was in Valdosta. Now, I had to google the lyrics and there are a few ugly words, but I still think its a good song. I'm in love with it. Its really an uplifting song. One that Tyler is tired of hearing on repeat now that I've found it. Let me share a link, along with the lyrics to my favorite verse. One day I'll learn to rap it myself and if you're lucky I'll post a video on here for you to see. Don't hold your breath.

So my new favorite song/guilty pleasure: Lupe Fiasco's The Show Goes On!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rmp6zIr5y4U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here are the lyrics to my favorite part, taken from metrolyrics.com:
So no matter what you been through, no matter what you into
No matter what you see when you look outside your window
Brown grass or green grass, picket fence or barbed wire
Never ever put them down, you just lift your arms higher
Raise 'em 'til your arms tired, let 'em know you here
That you struggling, survivin', that you gon' persevere
Ain't nobody leavin', nobody goin' home
Even if they turn the lights out, the show is goin' on

Perseverance is so important and I love that this song pushes for that. I also appreciate that he points our that your past situations, or the type of fence surrounding your house, don't have to determine where you end up. It brought tears to my eyes (because I'm a ridiculous nerd like that) the first time I heard it! I don't know much about Lupe Fiasco, but I am loving his message in this song!!

Now that you know I'm a closet inspirational rap fan, its seriously bedtime.

XOXO & perseverance,
Hannah

PS: Can I just say if I was someone else reading this post I would totally be making fun of me. So laugh it up!

1 comment:

  1. Question: Is this song better than "Let's Go To The Mall"?
    That has personally been a guilt pleasure song, haha

    ReplyDelete