Thursday, April 7, 2011

I'm Still Standin

Hi friends! Things are a little crazy here in Lipsey Land, if for no other reason than because I've started a new class. An English class. My 2394827934873rd English class, but fortunately none of mine from UGA transferred to the tech school. Typical. The worst part is that I have a TON of work to do! I suppose I've been spoiled by the memorize & regurgitate method of technical school science courses and I've forgotten how to write (about something less narcissistic than this, of course) and analyze. Gross, who wants to do those things anyway?

Otherwise, my mother in law left today and I'm counting down the days seconds until our house is a hot mess again. We cleaned it because she was coming, and managed to keep it that way, but I doubt it will last too long. We're disgusting, really. We're happy though and I prefer that.

Tyler has been on spring break all week this week and it has killed me. I thought I'd be upset because he gets to sleep in (which I'm jealous of, of course), but I'm more upset by how much I miss him. I miss him more when I know I could be spending time with him...does that make sense? I miss him way more when he's at home without me than when he's busy at work. I've also been extremely tired because I've been trying to keep up with him and his mom and stay up late. The problem there is that they get to sleep in and I have to wake up to go to work and read all day. Last night I went to bed at 8:45...wow.

In other news, I've finished another book. I know you're terribly shocked as my job is so strenuous and leaves me with no time to read (that's all I do besides answer phones if you didn't know). I read the newest book by one of my all-time favorite authors, Jodi Picoult. Her newest is called "Sing You Home." Apparently it comes with a nifty soundtrack if you purchase it, but not on kindle. Unfortunately, the book was disappointing. The rising action was excellent and full of detail (as usual), but the climax and especially the resolution were lacking. I was left wondering what happened to two people. Come on! I just felt it ended too abruptly and left off too much. Drag it out, Jodi, those of us who love you (and I'm pretty sure that's everybody that reads your books) will keep on reading!! Warning to you if you'd like to read this, there is a lesbian couple and a steamy lesbian sex scene. Its not terribly graphic, but more so than I would've preferred. However, I have oftentimes been called a prude, so maybe its me. Just thought you'd want to know. I'd still recommend reading it, because its controversial and Jodi Picoult is good, but I'd wait to buy it on paperback.

If you're wondering, and I'm sure you're not, my husband just gave me an excellent "interpretive dance" in the kitchen...to Christina Perri's Jar of Hearts. HILARIOUS! Did I mention I love him? He did it to make me laugh and stop claiming to quit school...since we both know I won't do it anyway. Oh how I love that man! Even though he's ridiculous precious, I don't know how I got so blessed! I guess stalking works sometimes!

Well friends, its time for me to implement "close reading" so that I can better comprehend junk literature from 2394823947 years ago. So. Much. Fun. (Kind of like crossing out words on here, which I obviously love doing today)

XOXO & "A Narration of Captivity and Release,"
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. LOL Hannah, your blogs, if nothing else, brighten my days. I love knowing the latest in Lipsey Land! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about a reality tv show named Lipsey Land? I think it could be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ROFLd. Seriously. I can literally see Tyler doing an interpretive dance to that song.

    ReplyDelete