Wednesday, April 2, 2014

11 weeks bumpdate!

Hello all! Mama & Clinkscale here, reporting in at 11 weeks, 2 days! Nothing major going on this week aside from the fact that I'm down to 5 more shifts at the hospital and Clinkscale is doing some serious development in utero. From what I read Clinkscale is growing fingernails and tooth buds...here's hoping he/she isn't born with teeth because Mama really wants to breastfeed without getting bit! He/she is the size of a lime!

This week I peed in a little cup that supposedly told me Clinkscale's gender! I'm not sure it's accurate, but Aunt Tab gave it to us, so we used it! It said to wait 5 minutes to read the test, but mine immediately turned the color of fresh stomach bile from a patient with a small bowel obstruction, so I knew the answer was boy.


In other news, I got a belly band! This morning I couldn't comfortably button my jeans and breathe simultaneously, so I knew it was time. Oddly I have lost weight instead of gained, but I can still tell a difference in my abdomen...I'll let you be the judge based on photos.

I also tried on bathing suits today, which made me painfully aware of the changes Clinkscale has made on my body. My breasts no longer fit in anything you could call "cute," and I certainly can't wear anything that doesn't have an XL in the tag. I took a picture, but I really don't think it's appropriate to share with the world at large, so I'll keep it to myself. My darling Meghan had a good time laughing at/with me, it was surely a reality slap! And we're only getting bigger from here!!! I'll take it though, any day of the week. What a blessing my swollen body is! I am thankful!

Without further rambling, I give you week 11:

 

How far along: 11 weeks, 2 days

Gender: Mama and Intelligender (thanks Aunt Tab) say boy!

Weight gain: -1.5lbs but I don't know how

Maternity clothes: Won't be long, Mama's got a belly band!  

Stretch marks: No

Belly button in or out: In

Sleep: Maybe a little better this week. I woke up last night from 0315-0430, but I didn't work today so I was able to catch up.
 
Best moment this week: Bathing suit shopping, it was nice to be able to see the changes Clinkscale is making in my body...a reminder that he/she is really there! Also I took the Intelligender test which confirmed my suspicion that Clinkscale is a boy...if it's accurate:)

Miss anything: Copious amounts of caffeine, mostly

Movement: From what I read baby is moving, but I can't feel it.

Cravings: Everything. Sometimes Zaxbys, sometimes Chinese. It varies.

Queasy or sick: No! I am blessed!
Looking forward to: First trimester screen and ultrasound next Tuesday, 4/1/14, I can't wait to see my little bitty miracle again!

Can't wait to share our big news with yall, it's almost time!!!

XOXO,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment