Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This Valentine's Day

I used to hate Valentine's Day. I thought it was over-commercialized and stupid, and I love my husband 24/7/365, so I didn't need a holiday to show it. No cards, roses, or expensive chocolate at my house. We save the chocolate for the day after when it's 50% off at Wal-Mart. We're quite romantic.

But this Valentine's Day everything changed.

This Valentine's Day I realized that I had been especially moody and hateful.

This Valentine's Day I noticed that the menstrual symptoms I had been experiencing had been present far longer than a week...and more like 4 weeks.

This Valentine's Day I gathered all the strength I had and went to Wal-Mart to pick up a test before my courage gave out.

This Valentine's Day I prayed....and prayed...and prayed.

This Valentine's Day I rallied the troops of my closest friend to pray with me and give me encouragement.

This Valentine's Day, I peed on 2 sticks, which offered me a new outlook on Valentine's Day altogether.


This Valentine's Day, against all odds, I became a mother.

This Valentine's Day changed our lives, and brought with it the promise of tomorrow and the proof the our Lord is still doing miracles. What a blessing we have received and Baby Lipsey isn't even here yet!!

Please join us in praying, friends, for this precious miracle on the way. See you October 14, little one, you know your Mama (and Daddy too!) loves you!









27 I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there. 1 Samuel 1:27-28 NIV

THANK YOU, sweet Lord, for your blessings on me!!

1 comment: