Wednesday, April 2, 2014

12 Weeks Blessed

Today is the day that I wish we were announcing our pregnancy. We are 12 weeks today, but given that it's April Fool's and I have a HUGE problem with pregnancy announcement jokes, I have refrained. But it's been SO HARD. Oh. So. Hard. Because this is literally the best secret ever.

I posted a status on fb today & I've gotten so many beautiful, supportive messages from people I've NEVER met saying they're praying for me. If you're reading this, you have no idea how much you've blessed me today. I hope you're not offended by my pregnancy announcement today after posting such yesterday. Though pregnant, I still remember the heartache of April Fools past, and I still long to raise awareness for infertility and the men and women still in the middle of their battle. I have not given up on you, and I will NOT stop talking about it.

Onto little baby perfection. I got to see my little precious today!! It was our first trimester screen which consists of an ultrasound and a blood test. The ultrasound looked great, but little baby Lipsey (Clinkscale, if you'll remember) is an acrobat!!! Clinkscale was moving SO MUCH we had a hard time getting pictures of him/her. He/she was literally JUMPING. He/she put his/her little feet on my uterine wall and took off! JUMPING!! I'm also pretty certain there was some twerking happening at some point. Because of this act I will ask that everyone try not to buy my baby teddybears because I do not want a little Miley Cyrus on my hands. Please and thank you. Clinkscale is his/her mother's child and was very agitated with being disturbed by the US wand. There was kicking, smacking, and head butting at the wand when Clinkscale was prodded. Our US tech was cracking up and said it was the most entertaining ultrasound she had seen in a long time! That's Mommy's baby!! I'm so very blessed, but sad I didn't get my little gymnast/swimmer extraordinaire on video!



 
How far along: 12 weeks, 0 days (measuring 12w1d, little overachiever)

Gender: Mama is sticking with boy in spite of the elevated heart rate (161) 

Weight gain: +0.8lbs...apparently we are fluctuating

Maternity clothes: My mama bought me some, but I'm still in regular clothes + belly band 

Stretch marks: No

Belly button in or out: In

Sleep: Knock on wood it's been better this week!

Best moment this week: Seeing my precious miracle via US!! 

Miss anything: Not that I can think of

Movement: Baby is moving like a wild child, but I can't feel it yet 

Cravings: Whatever you're having still.  

Queasy or sick: No! I am blessed!
Looking forward to: Announcing my miracle!!! AHHH!! Roughly 12 more hours!

Thanks for praying with me and blessing my heart, friends. I love you!
Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment