Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mom & Clinkscale reach week 10!

Hello all!

Today is 10 weeks into our official journey as parents!! And, coincidentally, I have 10 more shifts left as a med-surg nurse!! After the day I had yesterday, the latter seems more immediately exciting. Not sure I should admit that, but yesterday was truly horrendous...this may be why mama looks SO tired in this week's picture.

I read somewhere that at 10 weeks gestation the miscarriage risk decreases to 3%. Because of this I can breathe a sigh of relief, and I also find it remarkably more difficult to keep this secret. We will overcome the silence though, and hopefully be able to tell you in about 2 weeks!






How far along: exactly 10 weeks

Gender: Mom is still sticking with boy, Dad still doesn't know

Weight gain: 0, I think? I haven't weighed myself. I feel fatter, so I'll just stick with that

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I'm almost exclusively in scrubs, so who knows 

Stretch marks: No

Belly button in or out: In

Sleep: What is this sleep you speak of? Between the million bathroom breaks and the wild, vivid, sometimes inappropriate dreams, I don't sleep anymore. Couple that with the anxiety I have toward my job, I've been awakening between 0345 & 0400 every morning I have work. This morning (my ONE day off) I woke super early, but I was able to go back to sleep and rest a little. You know you're pregnant when you dream about BOGO bakery treats and double fisting them, your 2 year old niece singing wrecking ball, and simultaneously punching someone while putting gum in their hair. Thanks, little Clinkscale, Mommy thinks your imagination is as vivid and crazy as her's.

Best moment this week: I've been working a lot this week, so my best moment is that I'm still pregnant in spite of the insane stress. Also coming home Saturday evening to find my precious husband cooking both dinner and breakfast and having laundered my scrubs...he sure knows how to make me feel special and cherished.

Miss anything: SLEEP.

Movement: From what I read baby is moving, but I can't feel it.

Cravings: Whatever you're having. Seriously. And by you I mean in real life (even cafeteria food at work?), on TV, and in pictures. I want all the food.

Queasy or sick: No! I am blessed!
 
Looking forward to: Going home for the weekend for a 5K and a pregnancy announcement photo session! You'll get to see those as soon as we hit 12 weeks!

XOXO,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment