Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week by Week

Now that the big secret is out, I want to share the photos I've taken in the meantime. I wish I had done a blog post for each week, but I'll catch up now and do them every week from now on.

Here's a picture from the day we found out (February 14, 2014), we thought we were closer to 6 weeks, but it turns out we were only 5 so the board isn't 100% accurate!

That day we were shocked and ecstatic and not even sure what to do!! So we had some dinner, bought What to Expect When You're Expecting, and bought a marker board to document the occasion!
 

7 Weeks

February 27 we FINALLY got to go to the doctor and get a little peek at our little miracle. Little bit was confirmed to be 7 weeks and 2 days old that day. I don't have a picture of my belly (it hadn't changed much), but I DO have some pictures of this precious baby of mine:





Heart beat going strong at 141 beats per minute!! I cried like a baby and couldn't believe this uterus was mine!!! What a bountiful blessing for our family!!

8 Weeks

Week 8 brought no real changes in my body aside from some constipation, which is what accounts for the belly you see in these pictures. That's not the miracle of life, folks, that's the miracle of poop all backed up in your colon where it isn't supposed to be. Thank God for Colace, I say!



9 Weeks

And now, I bring you to today. March 13, 2013, at 9 weeks and 2 days:


How far along: 9 weeks 2 days

Gender: Mama's guess has always been boy

Weight gain: 0

Maternity clothes: No maternity clothes yet...I can still wear my old ones, plus I live in scrubs which are elastic waisted & don't require me to stay one size.

Stretch marks: No

Belly button in or out: In. No change yet

Sleep: Nothing like it used to be. I stay up later and wake up earlier, and I wake up at least once per night to go to the restroom. When I wake up in the middle of the night I also have a very difficult time falling back to sleep.

Best moment this week: The colace is working and the constipation is resolving...at least for now!

Miss anything: Regular sleep and regular poops.

Movement: Too small to feel yet

Cravings: Chickfila chicken sandwiches, hashbrowns, and Taro froyo...the more condiments the better. Also Mexican food is creeping into my thoughts very often this week.

Queasy or sick: Not really. I've been blessed with no morning sickness, just a tiny bit of queasiness when I take too long to fill up my empty belly--this baby wants me to eat all the time!
Looking forward to: Sharing our good news with the world! I am DYING over here trying to keep this most wonderful secret!!
 
XOXO,
Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment