Thursday, March 31, 2011

Highlight Reel

Hi friends! Fortunately there hasn't been a lot going on this week, I tend to like an easy, laid back week, so I've not got much to write home about. Instead, I'm just going to give you the highlights of the last week in March according to myself. Hold on to your hats, I'm sure this will be thrilling.

1. Teen Mom 2 Finale. LOVED it! I can't help it, that show is trashy but its my favorite guilty pleasure. I was relieved to find that it pretty much ended on a happy and hopeful note, with the exception of sweet Jenelle's trip to the big house. Speaking of, let's break it down a little bit starting with Jenelle. She and her boyfriend Keiffer were arrested, her for a little B&E and possession of marijuana, and he for crack/cocaine. Jenelle got bailed out and we all held onto a glimmer of hope that she was too mad to bail out Keiffer...that lasted approximately two days, and then she missed him too much. He's just dragging you down, Jenelle! One of her dumbie friends even co-signed on the bail bond to get him out...not a good idea, champ, he's not exactly responsible or dependable. Barbara (J's mom) broke out her signature blue shirt (Thank you Lord!) and broke my heart in two.  She doesn't feel like Jenelle loves her because she's always lying and causing trouble...I wanted to go straight up to North Carolina and hug ole Barb myself! Jenelle should be thankful for the 29384729347938 chances Barbara has given her to straighten up or get kicked out of the house...she always lets Jenelle come home. I really do hope Jenelle gets her act together and that she and Barbara can work things out, for themselves and for Jenelle's baby Jace. I suppose I should talk about Kailyn & Chelsea here, but they just weren't as interesting to me this season and its my blog so I don't have to. Kail & Jo got a custody agreement for their baby Isaac and Chelsea's daughter Aubree turned 1. That's about it. On to Leah! Precious Leah & Corey FINALLY tied the knot and it was precious! Leah looked stunning, as did both of her beautiful girls. As I watched them I cried like a tiny baby and found it odd that I cry so much and so often at other weddings, but I didn't at my own. It was emotional, sure, but I didn't straight up sob like I did watching Teen Mom! I know Corey & Leah are young and have way more to deal with than most newlyweds, but I'm extremely hopeful for their future. This is a pretty terrible synopsis, isn't it? Perhaps I have no future in TV recap or critique...I'm fine with that. All that to say I love Teen Mom, can't wait for the reunion show next week, and I really can't wait for another season!
2. Dance. I love my little dance girls! Even though they were a little wound up yesterday (it rained all day, so I doubt they got recess), they continued to crack me up as usual. Here are some fantastic quotes from the studio:
"Miss Hannah, do I look like Lady GaGa? Everyone keeps saying 'you look just like Lady GaGa!' but I don't even know who Lady GaGa is!" *The child looks nothing like Lady GaGa.
"When Miss Emily has her baby is it going to be in our dance class?" (Nevermind they're 7 & Emily is due in August...)
"You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit!" *Someone says this once a week at least
Love my girls even when they get a little fiesty!
3. It's a Girl! Don't worry, not me (obviously), but Miss Emily (fellow dance teacher) is having a girl! YES! I love baby girls because you can stick gigantic bows on top of their teensy heads and dress them in the cutest of girly clothes. She's already beautiful and was sucking her sweet little thumb in her ultrasound picture! I love babies!! Tyler says "Oh good a baby you can hold and love that's not mine and won't come home with us." Direct proof that he's not quite ready to be a daddy yet.
4. Books. I have finished a number of awesome books this week that I will write about eventually, but I just don't have it in me tonight. Here are some you should check out:
-Crazy Love by Francis Chan
-Heaven is Real by Todd Burpo
-Divine by Karen Kingsbury
Tomorrow I'm digging back into The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne, I read it during my time in DC and LOVED it then. Time to re-visit!
5. Sweet Valley High Confidential! Remember the Sweet Valley books with Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield? Well now they're back! Francine Pascal is writting (or has written?) a book following up on them 10 years later. I'm stoked! I loved the Sweet Valley High books!
6. Grey's Anatomy. The musical version...its on now and I'm having a hard time focusing to write this. Ok, commercial break. I don't really understand all the music, but Tyler's enjoying it a little more than usual at least. I've been screeching at the TV (this is normal) because things never go exactly as I want them. Well, more on this later, I've got to focus on my favorite show ever.

XOXO,
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Question: are we dorks because we have the ability to read multiple books at the same time? I'd say yes. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Teen Mom 2 season finale was good. I really think that Chelsea needs to have an opinion and stand up for herself to everyone.

    I love teaching baton now. It is very different from being in the classroom. Sometimes I feel like I make more of an impact on their lives because I have the freedom to answer their questions (like about God and other "teenage" problems)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read Water for Elephants? If not, it's a "must-add" to your reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I promise I don't insist on going by "Mrs. Horner" but the only Google Account I have is my page for school. :)

    ReplyDelete