Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breastfeeding Doll?

Hi friends! Really quick post because we've got a jazz band concert to head to, but I found this online this morning and wanted to get your thoughts. I give you: Breast Feeding Babydoll!
http://thestir.cafemom.com/toddler/118249/breast_milk_baby_controversy_is

My apologies, its actually called Breast Milk Baby, and apparently its quite controversial. Basically its a doll that comes with a sort of bib/bra that goes over clothing and has 2 sensors which cause the doll to suckle. Would you give your kids a breast milk baby? Is this inappropriate? Is it a sexist toy? (yes, some are claiming it is)

Personally, I don't think its inappropriate, but I also don't think its necessary. When my brother was born I was 2 1/2 years old and mimicked my mother's breasfeeding. When Trevor ate, I jacked my shirt up and "fed" my babies too. All that to say, I learned the (in my opinion) best way to feed your baby early on and my mom didn't have to pay $199 for a babydoll that makes suckle noises when held to a kid bra.

I would beyond enjoy some feedback on this, so let me hear your opinions!

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Inappropriate/sexist? I don't really think so. Creepy? DEFINITELY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all i can say is wow! I feel that this has he same controversy as when Barbie came out with the pregnant Barbie.
    I am not sure how I feel on this. I would not invest in this doll for my own children though.

    ReplyDelete