Sunday, March 20, 2011

Priorities.

Hello friends! Real quick post before I hit the hay because I'm exhausted from a day FULL of studying for my anatomy final tomorrow (yucky). Please say a little prayer..I need a 64 on the final to make an A in the class, so as long as I stay level headed (quite a task) I should be good to go.

I want to post about our incredible message at church today, but as usual I don't want to ramble too much and completely ruin it for you. We discussed prioritizing and how we should (obviously) put God first. He used an awesome metaphor with rocks and a vase (you kind of had to see it), but the main point was that your God rock should come before your other rocks. And your other rocks should be prioritized as well...for example, your spouse rock should come before your facebook rock. He talked about how you spend the most of your time doing what you put first...I felt as though I'd been smacked with a giant rock myself(not funny). The point for mebeing, I spend way too much time on fbook. I knew it already,  but sheesh it hit home today. He mentioned that putting God first could/should include spending time with Him first thing in the morning. I felt hugely convicted with that because my morning is not complete without a little face-stalking. So, though I've officially been talked out of a complete facebook hiatus, I am trying to cut back. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? It's not that I'm that interested in what you're all doing (although a large portion of you are having babies), I just use it as a procrastination/time-wasting tool...prevents productivity and I've become quite lazy. I digress, as always, check out the message here.

I've received all kinds of fabulous news from my best friends this weekend, but as its not my story to tell I'll have to wait til they come public with it all to share it with you. But I have to give a big hooray and praise the Lord for all of His blessings on them!

If you'd like to check out my wonderful hubby and his band, check my facebook wall and he'll be there 3 times conducting his little heart out. I realize you may not be into band or perhaps you're like me and don't understand it, but I'm a so proud of him, so I have to share anyway!

I believe that's it, aside from a bitter rant about taxes because I'm not getting money back, but perhaps I'll save that for another day or let it go. Say a prayer for my final!

XOXO,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. every morning josh and I read a psalm together and then we pray. it takes about 10 minutes. it makes for a great way in the morning. the psalms are usually short also, which makes it a "time friendly" way to use the Bible in the morning.

    ReplyDelete