Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Well that was interesting.

Hey friends, going to detail my day a little bit while attempting to keep it short and sweet, because I'm in serious need of REST.

Today I had my first seizure. And I'm not actually sure it was a seizure. If you have any input on the situation I am about to present, please divulge. Please make sure its legitimate input though, as I have had enough people say things that completely frighten me today. Here's how it went down:

Sitting at my desk and its been a perfectly normal day...very typical, did some filing (no problem) and other various and sundry office tasks. Then I picked up my beloved kindle. In the lower right corner there was a weird bright/fuzzy spot, like I'd been staring at a light for a long time. Fairly normal, until it didn't go away. It was distracting to read so I put the book down and stared out the window...the spot was still there. Picked the book back up and realized the spot had grown. I thought it was only in my right eye, so I covered it only to find it was in both--the lower right side of my entire field of vision. Reading was difficult, so I went back to the window staring and found the spot was larger still and now edged with strange psychadelic colors that seemed to pulsate/vibrate. I was in a complete panic. I stood and went to the bathroom--no other side effects, no dizziness or trouble walking, etc., and looked to see that both pupils were dilated. I came back, frantically looking around at everything (not sure if I was completely losing vision or what) and gradually the pulsating slowed and everything came back into focus. I had a weird feeling afterward--a light, airy, out-of-body kind of feeling, but otherwise I've been perfectly fine. Tiny headache, but I'm sure that's from straining to see.

I couldn't get in to see a doctor and my last ER experience was horrendous, so Tyler looked it up online (some credible sources, some not) and it appears to be a simple partial sensory seizure.  It is also said that it can be caused from drug withdrawal....could the steroids really still be harassing me?? After talking to a pharmacist its possible, because I was not weaned off the medication properly. I went from 2 a day to none a day, and most often the dosage follows a 3 pills for 3 days, 2 pills for 2 days, then 1 pill for 1 day pattern. No wonder I'm screwed up. I'm still waiting to receive a packet of information that Tyler's family doctor requires me to fill out BEFORE they'll schedule an appointment, so it appears to be a waiting game until then. Oh, and my micro colleagues seem to think that TIA (transient ischemic attack) aka mini-stroke is a possibility...this "possibility" continues to increase the chances of reoccurence as my blood pressure sky-rockets when I think about it. However, my BP is usually low, I'm under 55, I'm female, I exercise, I have a healthy body weight, and I don't smoke, so this seems unlikely. The only risk factor I've got is poor diet.

I'm completely freaked out, if you're curious. So, I'm asking for you input if you're medical-related personnel and not just trying to scare me. If you're not in the medical field I'd appreciate your prayers, both for my health and my sanity. Have I mentioned I'm freaking out? Had a good cry, which was nice, but I need a good old fashioned doctors appointment & a little talk with Jesus.

Here's to a better tomorrow.

XOXO,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Go to the eye doc almost sounds like secular migraine. You head doesnt have to hurt. I had something similar to that. Caused from high pressure in u r eyes, which I apparently have but not high blood pressure. Call me if u need ne thing.

    ReplyDelete