Saturday, February 5, 2011

Exhaustion.

Hey friends...if any of you are still out there reading this?? I'm past the point of exhaustion. I am, for the first time, working a full-time job + full-time school + part-time job + wife, and its hard to handle. Three cheers for folks who can manage to balance all of these things at one time on a regular basis! For those of us who can't, we just muddle through one day at a time and pray for March to come bringing A's and a 5 month break from school to sort our lives out. I miss ranting to you and expressing myself to you, but I'm struggling to have time. Really struggling. My body has straight up shut down this weekend, I'm sick (sinus nonsense, for the 4th time this season), and I have zero time to study the entire cardiovascular system and get the required amount of sleep. All that to say, blogging has taken a back-seat. Now I realize this is justified, but I'm not ready to give up my blog-adventure yet, so I've found a much simpler way to blog everyday without much thought (kind of) and keep it, hopefully, some what interesting. Holy run-on sentence! I found this little facebook photo challenge on a friend and fellow-blogger's facebook, and decided to bring it to the old Life Exaggerated blog. Of course I can't get the picture for said challenge to load, so here's a list of what's on it, day-by-day. Feel free to tell me if this is a stupid idea, you won't hurt my feelings, because I'm here to entertain myself, but also you, and if you hate said photo challenge then my job is unfinished. And I don't like unfinished business. Even at the one job I don't get paid for!:)
Facebook Photo Challenge
1. A picture of yourself with 15 facts.
2. A picture of you and a person you have been close with for awhile.
3. A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
4. A picture of a habit you wish you didn't have.
5. A picture of your favorite memory.
6. A picture of the person you'd love to trade places with for a day.
7. A picture of your most treasured item.
8. A picture that makes you laugh.
9. A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
10. A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.
11. A picture of something you hate.
12. A picture of something you love.
13. A picture of your favorite band or artist.
14. A picture of someone you couldn't imagine living your life without.
15. A picture of something you want to do before you die.
16. A picture of someone who inspires you.
17. A picture of someone that has made a huge impact on your life recently.
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity.
19. A picture of you when you were little.
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
21. A picture of something you'd like to forget.
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at.
23. A picture of your favorite book.
24. A picture of something you wish you could change.
25. A picture of your day.
26. A picture that means a lot to you.
27. A picture of yourself and a family member.
28. A picture of something you're afraid of.
29. A picture that can always make you smile.
30. A picture of someone you miss.

It's going to be a long, photo-tastic 30 days, folks! Without further rambling, I give you Day 1!

A picture of me & 15 facts. Now, I know this isn't just me, but I feel like its the whole me, because without that little cutie to my right, I'm not me. And why would I put a picture of myself on any day except the absolute best day of my life? Without him that day wouldn't have been the absolute best, so there was no way I would cut him out of the picture. So that's the picture of me.
  1. I have absolutely no idea what I want to be when I grow up. As usual, I'm always up for suggestions, and maybe after reading this list you'll know me better and have some.
  2. Despite what I said in numero uno, I have a bachelors of science in education & am currently working on my associates in registered nursing. I'll probably end up doing something random, totally unrelated to either.
  3. I am, without a doubt, completely addicted to my kindle. I'll need some sort of 12-step program should it ever cease to exist. Think I'm kidding? I've read 5 entire books since Monday.
  4. I'm constantly nervous and nearly every doctor I've ever seen (including 2 gynecologists) have suggested I take anxiety medication. Too bad I'm too stubborn.
  5. I am completely obsessed and in awe of the human body. I could read about it and especially see pictures (of the inside, of course) all day long. I am also continuously frustrated by how science-y people deny the existence of God. The intricacies of your body alone should be enough proof.
  6. I, along with my hubby, love listening to National Public Radio. We're self-proclaimed nerds.
  7. I love lists! This blog contains two, and that fact alone is almost enough to give me the boost I need to start studying. Almost. Of course, the best part of having a list is crossing things off, which is more difficult on here.
  8. I also love calendars, which are kind of another type of list. Filling in our calendar at the start of every month is definitely a highlight of mine!
  9. I grew up terrified of dogs, and I'm still a little jumpy around them. I don't want to be, but I can't help it.
  10. I'm a terrible communicator with children. Even though I work with young ones at dance and tutored kindergarteners, I tend to talk to them like they're much older than they really are. I've gotten better since working in kindergarten, but I'm still not awesome. I'm hoping if we ever have babies they're 12 years old when they're born. Hubby agrees.
  11. I think band directors and band programs are under-appreciated. Yes, I realize this is because I married an ultimate band nerd, but I had no idea how much time and effort those teachers and students put in. I'm so proud. 
  12. I/we want to have little Lipseys running around one day, but definitely not yet. We're still children ourselves and have a lot we want/need to do before we bring them into the world. I know they say there's "never a good time," but I know there's a better time than now. I've said it before though, I want boys. 
  13. I love teaching dance, but I really miss performing myself. There's nothing better than being on stage or on the field and at least getting to pretend everybody's watching you. 
  14. I have the best support system I could ever ask for. By that I mean my friends, my old family, my new family (in-laws), and especially my beloved. I could not ask for more...except that they all move a wee bit closer to us!
  15. I love my Lord and the church He brought us to be a part of. I've said it before, but please visit us! Its truly a remarkable place and God is there in every service!   
I'm sure that was thrilling, and I don't blame you if you shut-down and quit reading. The cardio system awaits!

XOXO,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. What a great blog. That photo challenge sounds like fun. I also love the 15 facts about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about being completely too busy to "really" blog. That's why I use sooo many pictures in mine! Plus for me it let's my friends and family see what I'm doing while away from them! Anyway all this to say, the picture idea is great!! So excited to get to see them all!

    ReplyDelete