Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gravity.

Hey hey! Its your favorite mouse hunter! Still losing the epic mouse battle, of course, but excitedly preparing for a little beach weekend.

Serious subject tonight, though. If you've been reading this blog very long you're aware that pre-Tyler (my incredible, supportive, loving, amazing, better than I deserve husband) I was involved in an abusive relationship. Tonight, a friend posted a link on facebook to a song by Sarah Bareilles called Gravity. This happens to be the third time I've heard of this song this week, so I decided to take a listen. Turns out, its basically a description of her struggle with getting out of an abusive relationship. Now, I have no idea what her story is, or even if the song details her story, but its an excellent depiction of what its really like. So, for all of you who have asked what its like and "why can't you just get out?" check it out. Maybe it'll help you to understand. Or maybe it won't, but if that's the case I hope nothing ever happens to make you understand. Honestly. Please don't think by posting this that I am stuck in the past or refusing to heal. I have healed, I've spent a ton of time healing, but I also made a promise to myself to raise awareness and prove this situation occurred for the greater good, so this is just one attempt to keep that promise to myself. Plus its just an incredible song, regardless of what its about.
To read my story click here. To listen to the song click here.

Lastly, and this may or may not be related, every doctor I've been to in the past couple of years has recommended I start anxiety medication. Yes, I'm a worrier, and yes, I'm constantly nervous about something, but I'm not sure all of this is necessary. Basically, I'm asking for your take on it if you have one. If you're on medication and wouldn't mind sharing, please do! You can send me a private email or a facebook message. If you're a doctor/nurse/shrink, your opinion matters a lot and I would love to hear it as well. I have a doctor's appointment Wednesday, and I want to have some kind of response formulated to give her when she inevitably mentions it.

Heavy topics tonight folks, and I apologize. I do value your opinions and recommend the song, though! Hope to hear from you!

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Hannah! I absolutely love this song by her and I completely know what you mean... my previous relationship wasn't abusive, but the fact that after almost two years, is. This song is descriptive to a T... even his ringtone (because you know he still calls LOL)
    And as for anxiety medicine... my opinion is that if it bothers you enough to hinder your daily living, then medication may be something you want to explore. But I don't believe being a worry wart constitutes being place on meds. Worrying is part of life. Love you gal! ;-)

    ReplyDelete