Sunday, February 6, 2011

Study Break? Please.

Its me again. No pictures this time, but I needed a mini study break and facebook is all Super Bowl-related, so I'm not really interested in that. What I am interested in, though, is reading, and since I finished 5 really good books this week, I thought I'd share. The first book I read was The Justice Game, and while it was good, it was your run of the mill court room/crime drama, and paled in comparison to the other 4 I enjoyed.

Next, I read a Amanda Hocking's Trylle Trilogy, and I'm a bit ashamed of this. Why? Because it's about Trylle, which is a nice word for trolls. Now, fantasy books are usually not my style, and had I known this trilogy was in fact about trolls, I wouldn't have bought it. However, I bought book #1, Switched, and fell in love with the characters. The trilogy is categorized as young adult fiction, but there are some steamy scenes that I'm not sure I'd want a "young adult" of mine to be reading! All this to say Amanda Hocking is good. She has to be to keep me engaged in a book about a secret troll community, which convinces me to buy both the second and third parts of the series. The best part is the books are only $2.99 each on Kindle/Nook, so you can enjoy them for cheap. For more info on the trilogy and the author, click here. She has several other books out, including a zombie romance, but I'm not quite bold enough to venture into that yet.

Now, I'm working on The Hunger Games trilogy. I read the first installment (The Hunger Games) and fell in love with Peeta and Katniss-the main characters-instantly. Suzanne Collins (author) is a genius! The Hunger Games was incredible and I was easily persuaded to buy the 2nd and 3rd books.  I'm currently reading Catching Fire (the second book) and on the edge of my seat to see what happens! Once I finish this test tomorrow I'm sure I'll be fully engaged and hopefully finish both the 2nd and 3rd books this week. I'll give you more details once I do--I hate to recommend them blindly even though I've heard nothing but good things.

I've been so engaged in these books this week that I'm having dreams about them. Not always a good thing, but I say that to let you know that each of the authors/books I mentioned above are good enough to suck you straight into the story...what more could a reader ask for??

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I had dreams the entire weekend while reading the The Huger Games trilogy. Mine were always about Rue. She just reminded me so much of Kelly( minus being graceful) I would have dreams that Kelly and I were looking for plants to eat. Totally random but they suck you in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got your text about Hunger Games and can't wait to give it a try!
    Hopefully with my week off next week I can get some reading done!

    ReplyDelete