Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Forgive me

Slacker blogger becomes more of a slacker every single day! First and foremost:
I got a job!! For more than 3 days! Apparently my phone voice is supreme and I got hired on! I'm excited and happy to be a contributing member of both society and my household again. Praise the Lord! Unfortunately, though, my body is hating my new schedule. Here's what it looks like: Monday & Tuesday: work 8am-5pm, then school 5pm-8:30pm, Wednesday work 8am-3:30pm, then dance 3:45-6pm...WHOA! Thursday and Friday are average workdays, 8am-5pm. Its surely not unmanageable, but it is a huge adjustment considering that last week I was sleeping in until 10am and not doing anything all day until class. I am happy, though! I was busy busy all day at work today and I love to be busy--makes time FLY by. Better still, since I'm working downtown and get an hour lunch break (so much better than working in the public school system!)  I got to have lunch with one of my favorite people in the entire world: Granny Jan! For those who don't know, she's actually Tyler's great aunt, so getting to spend time with her one on one was quite a treat...if you knew her, you'd surely understand. To be brief, I would love to be GJ when I grow up...or at least a lot like her, I'd settle for that.

Aside from the corporate world, I was pretty decent in the biology world today, too. And by that I mean I successfully completed my lab and I wasn't the last person to leave class for once(I prefer to think I'm thorough)! We did slide staining, and while its probably pretty boring to you (and me too, if I were truly honest), I was quite proud of my little slide-staining accomplishments. Even if I did find TONS of bacteria on the sample from my mouth--further confirmation that the tickle in my throat is more than just a tickle. Oh, and yesterday in A&P, I held hearts in my hands. Unfortunately they came from cows & sheep instead of humans, but they were still cool. I wish I were smart enough to have gone to med school of some kind...mainly because I am beyond fascinated with the human body and would love to explore the real deal. I'd pay it forward and donate my dead self to an A&P lab, too! I digress, all that to say I'm also loving school even if my eye lids are always heavy.

Sunday, our dishwasher started smoking out of nowhere and a screw fell out of my computer. What a day! We're now hand washing our dishes and computer shopping this weekend. My getting a permanent job is surely further proof of the Lord's sovereignty!

Speaking of the Lord, we started a community group this Sunday & I'm also very excited about that! It digs deeper into the message from every service, and I think Tyler & I both are really going to love it..plus we eat, and you can never complain about that. The group is made up primarily of other young couples and I find that to be a relief, seeing as I'm always desperately seeking friends. I'll try to keep you updated on that--on Wed-Sun when I actually have time to breathe/blog.

I almost forgot! I've started reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and it is so good. Its the first of three (yes! I love series!), and a light read, but I don't want to say more than that to avoid spoiling it. Only $5 on kindle, and worth more than that, I would say...course I'm not to the end yet, so hopefully it won't disappoint and I'll continue to feel that I got a good deal. Still working on Sybil, too, but The Hunger Games is on my kindle which is just a lot easier to take to work in my purse.

Well, this was supposed to be about a paragraph long, but luckily I'm a narcissist so you get a short story. Still looking for a Feb 18-20 visitor!:)

XOXO,
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are loving your job & school! It is never too late to go to med school! You are a highly intelligent young lady and you can do anything you put your mind to! I love reading your blogs & I look forward to your next! have a great work week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, as long as you are alive, who is to say that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you about your job, God is good! I think you will love the hunger games series, I loved all three books. Kyle wasn't much of a fan of the second one but then loved the third but either way all are worth reading. I hope the rest of your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for employment! Also I am proud of your mad bio skills. :)

    ReplyDelete