Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sassafras

Hey old friends! I've got much to say and a short time to say it (2 quizzes, a test, 2 tests to study for, 1 lab, and 1 paper to do), but I'm devoted so here I sit. I'm going to start with the photo challenge of the day and give you a picture that makes me laugh. I have no doubts, if you know the person in the picture especially, that you'll literally LOL too:) I give you...Sarah "Hot Rod" Rodriguez!  
Are you laughing? NO ONE can dance like Hot Rod. She is perfect--just look at Tiffany in the background! This was one of my favorite moments on my wedding day, we were all in a circle taking turns dancing in the middle at our reception. Sarah & I met when we lived in a tiny room together, with 6 other people, one phenomenal summer in Washington, DC. If I remember correctly, we got a good start with several dance-offs, and some rounds of the game "family." What a blessing she has been ever since. Last June, Sarah flew in from Boston on Thursday for a quick mini-reunion before the wedding on Saturday. We hadn't seen each other in two years but picked up right where we left off. I will forever be thankful for her friendship and the fact that she travelled so far for my special day. She kept us laughing the whole time, and helped keep the mood light and stress-free. Sarah is such an uplifting person in all circumstances, a true woman of God, and definitely somebody I look up to. Just last week she sent me an email that renewed my faith! What more could I ask for? Only that she move to Boston, GA with us instead of living in Boston, MA! I love you Hodface Sassafras, and I hope its ok that I plastered you all over my blog in a dance-off moment!

After much prayer and consideration (plus a long, teary-eyed talk with the hubby in Zaxbys), I think I'm going to take the Middle Grades Language Arts and Science GACE tests. English/LA was a given for me, but I think science could be a good fit too. I've always enjoyed it, and I've got several good ideas for teaching it, so hopefully I will find an opportunity. KEEP PRAYING! There are currently no jobs regardless of whether I pass the tests or not, this is just the first step. Don't worry, I'll keep posting updates--when have I kept you in the dark before?? 

I had intended to post about church tonight, but I get to hear the message two more times, so I think I'll wait until tomorrow when I should have more to say. Study, study, study time! Then off to read some more young adult sci fi (nerd)!

XOXO,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't imagine a better picture for this day. In those 2 days I felt like we all became friends with Sarah. She has a personality that makes anyone happy :)
    Good Pick!

    ReplyDelete