Friday, February 11, 2011

Treasures

TGIF!!! Today's challenge is a picture of your most treasured item. I find my hubby to be my most treasured item, but I decided to go with something more materialistic, though its still related to him. My most treasured item is my engagement ring, because its perfect and from my perfect man. Tyler designed this ring (or at least chose a design option), and had it made from diamonds from each of our parents' engagement rings. The center stone and smallest stones are from the engagement ring his dad gave his mom, and the corner stones are from the engagement ring my dad gave my mom. Given that all are now divorced (bad luck? statistically, yes) he was able to get both rings and make them into something wonderful. How lucky am I that I can get to look at my ring and think of 5 different people that I love? Pretty lucky. I love it and if someone broke into our house, would defend it at all costs. To me, its worth much more than anything else I own.


In other news, my dad informed me today that he's been reading my blog (hey Dad!), and he's impressed. He might've given me the ultimate compliment when he said, "You should've been a writer. You're very articulate and should write a vampire book." Love it. Even though I'm afraid vampire romances have run their course...however, it does provide excellent segue into what book I'm currently reading, and of course I appreciated the compliment.

Today I started (and finished) the first book of another young adult science fiction novel (because I'm a teenager at heart). The series is called My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking. She wrote the Trylle Trilogy that I mentioned a few blogs back. So far its good. Similar to Twilight in some aspects (human girl loves really old teenage boy), but its pretty good on its own. I'll let you know more after I finish the last 4 books, I'd hate to make a recommendation without reading all of it myself. On a very positive note, none of Amanda Hocking's books are more than $2.99 on kindle, so even if you don't like them you've not invested too much. 

Tonight hubs and I are going to eat Mexican because its our favorite, its Friday, its V-day weekend, and tomorrow we have been married for 8 months! Whoa! Time sure flies! It's been a better than fantastic 8 months, and I'd prefer to stretch out forever as long as possible. On that note, its go time.

XOXO,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. You really should be a writer... but I have already expressed my thoughts on that :)

    ReplyDelete