Sunday, February 20, 2011

Given up.

Well folks, I'm giving up on the 30 day photo challenge, because it bored me to tears. It wasn't all that interesting and in order to avoid searching for pictures to post on here I just quit blogging altogether. Not cool. So I'm back, but the dumb picture game is not. Boo hoo.

I'd like you to know that I'm blogging away from the front porch because it is a gorgeous 77 degree day here in Thomasville! BEAUTIFUL! I spent my entire day yesterday and so far today chillin out in the sunshine--YES! That does fantastic things for my mood, and horrible things for my studies. I suppose I should catch you up on the goings on as of late...not sure where to begin, but we'll see.

Thursday night I spent my first night alone in almost a year. I stayed at Granny Jan's, but slept alone of course, if you can even call it sleeping. I hate being away from my love so much that I hardly slept at all. He was in Norman Park (aka middle of nowhere, GA) at District Honor Band with some kids. Rather than stay alone Friday night, I packed up my things and drove the 50 minutes to spend time with him. That night we had a blast hanging out with other band directors and my favorite band nurse while the kids were in rehearsals. Saturday we hung out all day as well, just rocking in the rocking chairs and catching up on gossip. Perfect, relaxing Saturday! I did not want to come home, but all things must come to an end! I have been wishing I could turn back time and join my high school band so I could've gone on trips like that one!

Right now my in-laws are here (Tyler's mom & step-dad), so we've been spending time with them, between studying & online quizzes. Lots of time outside in the sunshine and its been spectacular. Boo for the real world starting back tomorrow, while all my teacher friends get a furlough day. I MISS FURLOUGH DAYS!! Bad. Which brings me to my next point.

I'm taking 2 GACES (for sure) and hoping/praying/wishing for a teaching job next year. I want to keep coaching my sweet Dazzlers, I miss being around kids/teens, and I miss being on the same schedule with my hubby. But, since I've been straight-up begging God to show me His plan for me, I'm also going to start nursing school in the fall if I'm accepted and there are no available teaching jobs. I feel like He will open and close the doors necessary to set me on the right track. Please pray with me! I can be quite stubborn and emotional, so I need to prayer to be able to accept what happens and go with it.

Well darlings, its quiz time (EW!), so I must get going. I'll try to be a better blogger this week since I'm not so caught up in the picture thing.

XOXO,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. You will do great on the GACE that you take. And God will open and close the doors to make your path clear :)

    ReplyDelete