Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wow!

Wow! I am incredibly humbled and overwhelmed by all of the support and suggestions you have given me! You are all wonderful and I honestly feel blessed to have YOU reading my blog and taking YOUR time to share with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have no idea how much encouragement you bring or how uplifting you are. I love you all and intend to reply individually, I've just got a whole lot to do this evening.

While I have some to thank, others were not impressed by my consideration of medication, so I suppose I owe you more of an explanation. For starters, this is not a decision I would ever take lightly. If it were, I would be on all kinds of medication and feeling AWESOME right now. You should know that those (like me) who are full of anxiety tend to try to control and over-analyze everything and taking medication would be no exception. Additionally, this is something I fight with everyday. Heavy sweating, chest pain and gray hair at 23! No that's not all, but this consideration didn't come from a solitary panic attack. Also, as this has been suggested for well over 2 years, it should be easy to see that I'm avoiding it. I don't want to be medicated. But I do want to be educated. (I'm silently applauding myself for that new little mantra!) I need to know what potential help exists and make an educated decision with the resources I have. Please remember that its not just me that my anxiety affects--my Tyler has to attempt to calm and console me and that's not always easy.

So here's what I'm asking for now, would you pray with me? I don't know all these answers, in fact I know none of the answers I'm begging for right now, but God's known them all along. He'll lead me down the right career path and the right anxiety-management path and take care of me the whole way. It sure does help to have yall in my corner though!

On a much lighter note, I am looking frump-tastic today. So much so that two of my dearest friends have offered to completely make me over! Haha! Somehow my favorite khaki pants have turned into the most incredible pair of high-waters you've ever seen, and I can't find my brown flats so I'm suddenly wearing Sperrys with everything. I'm lookin' rough, basically. Of course I've already mentioned the gray hair, which doesn't help matters. I'll take this moment to rant a little bit about the lack of affordable, cute clothes for my age group. We're not ready for middle aged clothes yet, but we're just a bit too old for the Forever 21s and Charlotte Russe we used to wear. Difficulties! Anybody have any suggestions for the awkward 20-something in the office?? One of the perks of nursing has always been the scrubs for me! What an easy wardrobe!

Well, I've got a test, a lab and some packing to do before Grey's (the highlight of my week) so I must be going! I seriously love you all and thank you for keeping up with all of my insanity!

XOXO,
Hannah

1 comment: