Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Habits.

Hi! It has come to my attention as of late that people are still reading! YES! So, for you, I will continue to post. And a little for me, of course. Because I've already mentioned I'm slightly narcissistic and enjoy talking about myself. For starters, its day 4 of my "photo challenge" and time to post a picture of my worst habit (or something like that)...I bet several of you share it...
Ahh the ever-present silent killer. I do a lot of stressing. If I have nothing to stress about, that's ok, I'll just create something. I am honestly always stressing about something...a test, something in a book (yes, I'm serious), not answering the phone fast enough, not getting my routines choreographed on time, money (duh), the list goes on and on and on. I'm about to laugh because I currently feel like I've got nothing to stress about. And then I remember: I'm trying to decide whether to take another GACE and which one to take, and Peeta has been hijacked (book), and I have a test Monday + a midterm Tuesday that I've not begun to study for...all of these things come flooding back and the heart rate rises. Typical. Don't worry-I've already calmed back down for now. Not much else to say about that, its just part of the "challenge" so I had to do it.

In other news, I'm currently considering a teaching come back. Why? Because the proverbial grass is not necessarily greener on the other side...sometimes its a dull shade of brown. That was a bit too dramatic; I like my job, don't get me wrong, but it pays less and I get significantly less holiday time (no more furloughs though!). Doesn't matter much now, but when the little Lipseys arrive things like that will be important! I'll probably not make my return as a FACS teacher (though I'm not turning my back to that altogether), but I would really like to be some sort of English/Language Arts/Reading teacher. Given my revulsion for poor grammar/spelling + love affair with literature/reading, I think it could be a marvelous match. But it requires much prayer and consideration before acting impulsively. Granted I can't be too impulsive given that no jobs will open until August anyway, right? Still, it will affect all nursing plans if I decide to seek a teaching job and will also affect plans at my current place of employment...and I'm not sure I don't want to just stick around and see what happens there! See that stress I was talking about?! It causes me to want all the answers NOW even though none of this regarding teaching or nursing school can happen until August. What I am asking for are your prayers/input. I got a precious fbook message today from a teacher-friend I taught with last year, and it was exactly what I needed to hear. Your opinions matter and really help me weigh pros and cons for my decision(s). Of course I need your prayers too. Though He already knows the decision I will make, I most certainly need him to reveal it to me--I didn't listen last time I was career-choosing, and I know that will make all the difference. Just a little faith.

So people at work think I'm a giant book nerd. Which is 1/2 true. I have been a giant book nerd as of late. I suppose there are worse things I could be though, right? Last night, without thinking, I found myself praying for one of the characters in my book because he was in danger (can't tell more in case someone has taken my cue and decided to read it.) Ridiculous! Given my difficulty separating novels from reality, I should probably practice self control and not read quite so much. When hubby readjusted me in my sleep last night I told him to "share the bread" because I was dreaming I was in the arena in the Hunger Games. Ha! It cracks me up and scares me a little...if I'm not careful I turn into a complete hermit with characters from books as my only friends!

Well, the time has come to close up shop for the day...go to bed early and save Teen Mom 2 for tomorrow. Have a good hump day, friends!

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. You cracke me up Hannah! I so enjoy your blog! On another note, I think you would be an amazing literature teacher! =) and on another note, the past is the past, the future is a mystery, and right now is a gift, thats why it is called the PRESENT! Don't stress too much over what to do, all will come to you in time, especially if you are praying to our amazing lord above! Love you Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely continue to pray for you as you decide your future.
    At least both options (english teacher/nurse) are both wonderful professions and I think great fits for you :) Cant go wrong!

    ReplyDelete