Monday, January 17, 2011

Family Dynamics

Happy MLK day, friends & Happy Birthday, Mom! After a late night driving home to Tville, we are soooo glad to be home. We had a great weekend in Chatsworth, but I quickly realized that a lot had changed and that Thomasville has officially become my home. And boy is it good to be back.

Family dynamics at my house have most definitely changed. Not in a bad way, don't worry, but things are different. Mainly, my mom has a boyfriend for the first time in maybe 10 years and my brother has a girlfriend (probably not the first time ever, but definitely the first one we've ever got to meet). Trevor's girlfriend also has a precious little girl and we haven't had kids around since we were kids ourselves! Big changes for sure! I started the weekend at the first 5 year old's basketball game I have ever been to, and if you've never been yourself you are missing out. We laughed the whole time! Granted I could not have done much better at 23 than they were doing at 5, they were still fun to watch. I definitely found a kid like our own future son too--everybody else was playing basketball and he was bumping into them while walking like a zombie...I can only imagine that we will have a son like that one day! (Could it be because my hubby acts like that now??)

After the game we didn't do much until we went to dinner for Mom's big 5-0! We headed out to Fuji (a hibachi, cook-in-front-of-you restaurant) where we had excellent, expensive food and yummy cookie cake thanks to Kendra (Trev's girlfriend). I wish we could've gone somewhere that was a little better for conversation, but we all had a good time anyway, especially Mom, which was the primary goal. Without further rambling, how about some pictures??
 A Happy Mom with her sweet cookie cake--it was delicious! All 6 pieces I had. No, I'm not kidding. We quit dieting, remember?

Mom & Kayleigh, Kendra's daughter. She is hilarious and obviously, Mom loves her.

 Mom & her new beau, Mike

 The well-fed Lipsey family. Side note: I hate my hair. Any remedies you have to help it grow are appreciated.

Trevor & Kendra...he hates pictures. Always has, always will. This one is pretty good though, I think!

I had to add this, because its hilarious to me. This is sweet Kayleigh paying Trevor back for beating up on me when we were kids. No, she didn't say that, but I think it works well. In this picture she is shoving a dirty sock in his mouth or nose. PERFECT!!

So that's pretty much it for our Saturday in North GA. I'll post more on Sunday later, but I have to make sure I don't completely run out of things to say...hasn't happened yet, but we don't want that! In short, I love my family & the additions that are finally coming in! And, to be honest, I also like that we can say "ok, love you, bye!" and head back to our cozy(ish) little home just the 2 of us. Love you family & Happy Birthday Mom!

XOXO,
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Remedies to grow hair: Biotin! I've been taking 6000 mcg pills of it for the past few weeks and my hair is growing like a monster. :) I got a awful hair cut and I'm trying to get it to grow fast, and this Biotin is definitely working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard the same about Biotin =) Glad you had a great visit back to your childhood home! If you still would like some recipes for thrive, let me know! I can give you about 15 I have personally tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend!

    I totally agree that it is nice now to just be able to say "bye" and come home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garnier Fructise (spelling?) has a Length and Strength shampoo that's pretty awesome, along with a healthy dose of woman's hair, skin, and nails vitamins should do the trick!

    Isn't it funny that once you leave Chatsvegas, it doesn't feel like home again? When I left to go to college, it felt weird coming back. However, after a bad year in Newnan, I was sick of living away and wanted to come back (something I never thought I would say). When we bought our house here, I was a little worried at first, but now, although the stress is piling on me, I certainly am less stressed, and it feels more like home again (how's that for a run on sentence?). I'm glad that you have a place that is home to you. And, I'm glad I've found your blog! It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete