Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home Again, Home Again!

Hello friends! Another short blog, but I just have to share/brag a little bit. Despite the fact that I less than eagerly ended up driving and had to cancel plans three times, I had a really great weekend in Athens. I got to see some awesome friends (more to come on that one), and spend a lot of time with some really great kids. My hubby is blessed with some incredible children to teach. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to talk with these young people (given that they're all 15+ they're not really "kids" are they?) and even learned a little bit from them in the process. We only took 7 up to Athens with us, and I've got to say that was the perfect size for actually getting to know them. I think this is extremely important in being an effective teacher (not the going on trips part, but the getting to know the students part), because they eventually realize you know what you're talking about. I can definitely see why my husband loves his job and likes to go almost everyday. The boys I drove even thanked me (GASP!) when we got back to the school, which made it all worth the while and stress of driving. Hopefully they learned how much a simple thank you means--definitely a lot for a girl like me. All in all, I left this weekend with a little more hope left for the future of humanity and that's enough for me. I will say, though, if I get to pick the gender of my future children, I'm kind of hoping for boys.

XOXO,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment