Wednesday, January 12, 2011

List Fail #1

Well, I have very little to say today, but I'll do my best to make it interesting. I woke up this morning with every hope of doing thing #1 on my 25 before 25 list, giving blood. There was a blood drive from 10-4 at my college and I was super pumped, or at least as pumped as possible when you're going to be prodded with needles, to save some lives! And then I got icky sick. To my stomach. I'll spare you the details, but I spent a significant period of time in the ole bathroom. I finally coaxed myself out and felt much better, even taught a couple dance classes in the afternoon, but I was afraid to weaken my already weak body even more by draining some blood out of it. That being said, I'm seeking another blood drive within the next year and 5 months. Preferably sooner, rather than later, of course. After the bathroom incidents,  I might've mentioned it on facebook where someone commented that there might be a bun in the oven. If you know me, you know I have meltdowns pretty regularly, and this most definitely caused one. Don't get me wrong, I love children. Preferably one at a time and not in large groups, but I love children. And one day (years from now) I would like to have a couple. Preferably two at a time so I only have to go through labor and delivery once. Yes, I've thought about it in that much detail. Anyway, I had a looooooong talk with Jesus (I'm pretty sure He was completely cracked up at the situation) and I promptly received a monthly gift to restore my sanity. No babies! And I'm going to smack the person who suggested such the next time I see her:) Kidding, of course.

Speaking of babies, I got to teach some of my all-time favorite babies at dance today. By babies, I mean they range in age from 4-8, but they're my babies anyway. When they're good, we play a game called freeze dance at the end of class. It's pretty much just like freeze tag, but with music. I played the Macarena (because its awesome, obviously) and they immediately made me aware of the generation gap that now exists. Why? They said: "Miss Hannah, its the Snuggie song!" I almost cried! The Macarena, dance craze of the 90s, has become the Snuggie song!! Oh how the world is changing!

That's all I've got for now, but I want to leave you with the lyrics of my all-time favorite version of the Macarena. We did it for an Accelerated Reader pep rally in 4th or 5th grade, and it was pretty spectacular then...I'm currently wondering if Accelerated Reader even still exists. Without further rambling:
Go to the library, get a good book
Then take a test on the one that you took
When you get points then you will be hooked
ACCELERATED READER!!
Thank you Northwest Elementary for that:)

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Ok just a word of advice - labor and delivery lasts a day (or 26 hours in my case.) But newborn no-sleep-no-food-baby-cry-cringe phase lasts around 6 months....times 2. I recommend one baby at a time :) LOVE the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accelerated Reader is still around, at least in Loganville.

    ReplyDelete