Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Here's to Lifelong Friendship!

Hello again, friends! I promised to talk about our Sunday in Chatsworth & I will. The highlight of my Sunday was catching up with not one, but TWO friends I haven't seen in 6+months. If you've read my 25 Before 25 blog, you know that leads me closer to completing my list! One of my goals to be completed in the next year and 5 months is to catch up with at least 10 friends I haven't seen in 6 months or more. So on Sunday, I caught up with 2 of my lifelong friends, Tabitha & Lindsey.
That last time I saw them was at Tabitha's wedding last September, but I didn't get to spend time with either of them, given the overall stressful nature of a wedding day (and the fact that I had to leave ASAP to get back to Tville before it was too late). Yesterday though, we talked about a lot of things and a lot of people and spent the majority of lunch cracked up. Which, in my humble opinion, is exactly how friendships should be. Too many people are too hard to be friends with and it ends up not being worth it. That's not to say that I've not had my share of drama with each and both of them, we did grow up together after all, but now that we are grown, being friends is easy and most of the time its hilarious. We've all three had a lot going on (job related, husband related, kids related, etc), so we chatted about that a little, but mostly we laughed. I loved that. I realized when I left how much I'd missed that, and how much I miss my friends!! It reaffirmed that this catching up deal on my list is indeed a good idea. So, I must leave with you with a few favorite memories from my time with two of my favorite girls (some from Saturday, others not)
  • 42nd St. our tap trio when we were tiiiiiiiny and the reason Tab is in the middle of every picture we take
  • "I'd rather bleed out or perform open heart surgery on myself!"
  • Lindsey doing the macarena on the roof of the elementary school (seriously ingrained in my memory forever)
  • Being Tab's "twin" and dressing alike until we were at least 13 and way too old to be doing so
  • Playing Mary Kate & Ashley even though my jerk friends staked their claim on MK&A and little miss pushover (that's me) was stuck playing a made-up older sibling/triplet!
  • Our parents (my dad, specifically) getting us mixed up and inevitably trying to take the wrong kid home from the studio at least once a week.
I'm sure there are many, many more, but the brother-in-law is heading over for dinner in about 20 minutes, so I've got to make sure it's done. Love you, Tab & Linds, we've got to do this more often!

XOXO,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are getting to catch up with friends! It always great to look back and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, it's taken me fifteen minutes to completely stop laughing enough to even think of what to say in response to this. All I can say is, I am so glad I got to see you! Every single bit of what you reminisced about is sooo totally true! haha I can't wait til the first of February! Whoo whoo! Love you silly girl!

    ReplyDelete